Thank you so much for praying for me while I was away in Mexico. It was an outstanding trip. Here were a couple of the highlights:
1). We saw 8 students from the states surrender to Jesus during the chapel times back at camp.
2). I was able to go into the prison of Ensenada, Mexico with a team of about 8-9 others. While in there we played basketball with the inmates, shared the gospel, prayed over and passed out apples. We saw about 20 inmates come forward for prayer and/or to surrender to Jesus (out of about 80 that were sitting where we were sharing). The apples were a HUGE HIT!!! It was like watching kids with candy. And here’s why: an inmate told us that he hadn’t had an apple for 2 years.
It was a great trip. Thank you for praying.
Here’s how you can be praying for me this week:
1). On Tuesday night I am sharing with the graduate students at the LA Campus of Azusa Pacific University.
2). On Wednesday night at FLOOD I am starting a 7-8 week series called, “OVERWHELMED.” Our first topic: “How to Overcome Being Overwhelmed.”
Please be praying for the new series. Here are the goals that we believe God put on our hearts at FLOOD to go after this year:
1. See our weekly worship attendance grow from 200-400.
2. See the number of community groups grow from 7-15.
3. To see 300 people committed to a daily Bible reading program.
4. 300 people to find a place to serve.
5. 200 people to make commitments to Christ through the ministries of FLOOD and in other countries.
6. Minister to the physical needs of 500 people (outside of our church) in our community.
7. Increase the percentage of people from FLOOD who faithfully give.
I am convinced that this series will be so helpful to so many people. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to put it on the hearts of so many to not miss this series.
Thank you so much for praying.